Slowly people are beginning to admit that they might like a few more country songs than they realise. I don't know if I've said that my pet hate is when people say they don't like country but it's all over the radio stations and everyone's singing along to some serious country music. Lady Antebellum for one and Faith Hill, Jewel, Carrie Underwood ... the list goes on.
I grew up listening to the good old Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers and Willie Nelson from when I was a little girl, so this certainly isn't a phase. It wasn't until I was introduced to Keith Urban that I fell madly in love with Country and not until I started to put faces to beautiful men like Mr Josh Turner on your left, that I was sold for life.
So I shove country in everyone's face and they can either deal or they can't. But there are the few moments when someone turns to me and thanks me for the song I posted on Facebook or introduced them to in my blog.
One of those friends is Amanda! Mands and I went to high school together and didn't do much bonding in those glasses, pimples and braces days but as Facebook threw us back together, something changed. All of a sudden we are a part of each other's lives and it's been a joy to feel the friendship grow. So, when Mands said that she was loving the country music I posted and asked for a playlist I was totally flattered and knew we would be friends for life.
I've thought about the playlist often and each time I do, I think it should be set aside for weekends. Then on weekends I think it should be set aside for a day when there's nothing to blog about. With my life, is that every really possible. Today, I have been needing to listen to so many songs for so many reasons and each one has given me the gift I needed. The whole time I wanted to make a list to send to Amanda, but I kept saying 'later', until I heard one particular song ... and I knew it was time!
So my dear friend and whoever dare be touched by the words and messages behind country music ... this one's for you!
1. ?Rascal Flatts - Unstoppable
2. Leanne Womack - I hope you dance
3. George Strait - I saw God today
4. Keith Urban - Good in my shirt
5. Carrie Underwood - Before he cheats
6. Martina McBride - Concrete Angel
7. Reba McEntire - Turn on the radio
8. Sugarland - It happens
9. Billy Currington - People are crazy
10. Jewel - Satisfied
11. Lonestar - Mr Mom
12. Blake Shelton - Who are you when I'm not looking
13. Rascal Flatts - Bless this broken road
14. Keith Urban - Stupid boy
15. Martina McBride - This one's for the girls
16. Craig Morgan - What I love about Sundays
17. Thompson Square - Are you gonna kiss me or not
18. George Strait - Breath you take
19. Kenny Chesney - Boys of fall
20. Lady Antebellum - Just a kiss
21. Keith Urban - Kiss the girl
22. Carrie Underwood - Mama's song
23. Tim McGraw - Live like you were dying
24. Rascal Flatts - I melt
25. Keith Urban - Raining on Sunday
26. Lorrie Morgan - What part of no
27. Reba McEntire - If I were a boy
28. George Strait - Troubadour
29. Rascal Flatts - My wish
30. Tim McGraw - My little girl
31. Joe Nicols - If nobody believed in you
32. Zac Brown Band - Colder weather
33. Tracy Lawrence - Find out who your friends are
34. Martina McBride - Anyway
35. Carrie Underwood - Last name
36. Lady Antebellum - Looking for a good time
37. Joe Nichols - Tequila makes her clothes fall off
38. Rodney Atkins - Farmer' daughter
39. Josh Tuner - Your man
40. The Band Perry - If I die young
41. Billy Currington - Must be doing something right
42. Clay Walker - She won't be lonely long
43. George Strait - She let herself go
44. Carrie Underwood - Jesus take the wheel
45. Taylor Swift - You belong to me
46. Justin Moore - If heaven wasn't so far away
47. Kenny Chesney - You and tequila
48. Jake Owen - Barefoot blue jean night
49. Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood - Remember me
And of course ... the latest idol ...
50. Scotty McCreery - I love you this big
Mands ... this is just the tip of the iceberg and as songs inspire me and make me laugh, dance or cry, I will continue to share them with you!
From two beautiful Souths ...